Xenforo Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Benj looks like a upside down potato chip
MVP
Currently, the perms for moderation on xenforo are annoying.

Some of the current problems I'm having are moderation relations. Mainly giving Sr. Mods and Moderators the ability to warn/delete messages and such but not letting them delete messages/warn people above them.

Currently, Sr. Mods and Mods can delete messages in new & announcements because I'm allowing players to post in there and want to give my staff team the ability to moderate the forums. How do I make it so they can moderate certain groups but not people above them.

Also the warning aspect. Helpers are able to warn Owners/Super Admin/Super Mod... How does that work? Anyone know a way to fix this?

I understand there are addons for this and I'm willing to buy one but want to see it since the most well-known one I can find doesn't have any pictures of the addon working.
Moderator Essentials

hatred

Forum Moderator
Forum Mod
I might have misread but it seems as if you are just configuring permissions incorrectly. You shouldn't need any addons. I had @Cyber set up all of my group permissions so perhaps he can do the same for you.

Yoda

Benj looks like a upside down potato chip
MVP
I might have misread but it seems as if you are just configuring permissions incorrectly. You shouldn't need any addons. I had @Cyber set up all of my group permissions so perhaps he can do the same for you.
If you look at it, a moderator if given the ability to warn can warn someone who is super admin.

There isn't a perm that says delete x message it's either delete all post or delete personal post

If you look at it, a moderator if given the ability to warn can warn someone who is super admin.

There isn't a perm that says delete x message it's either delete all post or delete personal post
I took a look myself via an old forum that I still have Sys-Admin on, and what I found was that there really isn't a way to prevent it using the default Xenforo permissions or anything like that, so you will most likely need to find an add-on for it or potentially ask @Benj ! I apologize that I couldn't exactly help with this issue, but that's really all I can say from my own digging.

EDIT: I found this; however, it's old as ever so it probably won't help https://github.com/Xon/XenForo2-CanWarnStaff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.